Brain Awarness Week 2022 in Krakow
Polish Copernicus Society of Naturalists, Jagiellonian University, Maj Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland
Event Date + Time:
March 14, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - March 19, 2022 @ 7:00 pm
Jagiellonian University Internet Platform Cafe Nauka and YouTube Directions
About This Event
BAW 2022 in Krakow, Poland – Neurobiology of COVID-19 pandemic
Organized by the Polish Copernicus Society of Naturalists, Jagiellonian University in Kraków, and Maj Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences in Krakow.
Lectures for the general audience and Q&A sessions:
March 14-19, 2022, 17:00 on each day
1. Alina Borkowska (Collegium Medicum of the Copernicus University in Bydgoszcz, Poland) – Neuropsychiatric disorders in COVID-19 patients.
2. Agnieszka Chocyk (Institute of Pharmacology PAS, Krakow, Poland) – Stress, is it enemy or friend?
3. Agnieszka Pałucha-Poniewiera (Institute of Pharmacology PAS, Krakow, Poland) – Depression – when sadness becomes the disease.
4. Anna Blasiak and Tomasz Blasiak (Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland) – Neurobiological basis of making decisions.
5. Boguslaw Habrat (Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, Warsaw, Poland) – Addictions in COVID-19 pandemic.
6. Janusz Heitzman (Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, Warsaw, Poland) – The influence of COVID-19 pandemic on mental health of Poles.
Lectures will be given in Polish on-line using the Jagiellonian University platform and home page of the Polish Copernicus Society of Naturalists.
Activity for young neuroscientists (undergraduate, graduate and PhD students):
The competition for the best article on the brain, its functions and diseases. Best articles will be published in the journal of the Polish Copernicus Society of Naturalists WSZECHSWIAT.
Activities for Kids:
Day of the Brain on March 16, 2022 for middle and high school students will include short lectures and Q&A for kids. This event is organized by the Maj Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences in Krakow.