About This Event
Visit the Grand Rapids Public Museum for Michigan State University College of Human Medicine’s Brain Awareness Week Neuroscience Fair. Meet scientists and learn about the marvels of the brain – from how it looks and feels and works – to how to keep it healthy – to why brain research is so important.
INTERACTIVE EXHIBITS FOR ALL AGES:
– Explore the Mega Brain, an inflatable, walk-through brain exhibit
– See, feel and examine a real human brain
– Conduct deep brain stimulation surgery on a gelatin brain
– Extract DNA from a banana
– See brain tricks and learn how the brain produces optical illusions
– Conduct brain safety experiments with raw eggs to learn the importance of wearing a helmet
– Create a model of a nerve cell, or neuron, and all of its components
– Dress like a scientist and pose for a photo in the Science Selfie Photo Booth
This interactive exhibit is part of Brain Awareness Week, a worldwide celebration of the brain for people of all ages, focused on increasing public awareness of the progress and benefits of brain research.