Speech and the Brain | When will the child speak?
Z-bébé Family Center in Tbilisi
Event Date + Time:
March 18, 2021 @ 12:00 am - March 18, 2021 @ 2:00 pm
About This Event
The development of the baby goes on as usual, the most active period of motor development is coming to an end. He has already learned to roll over, sit, crawl, stand and is already taking his first steps. And, maybe, already and rushes around the apartment. His brain and body have done a tremendous job to understand the world around him.
What are the parents looking forward to now? Of course, the opportunity to TALK with your baby. We are waiting for the cherished “mom” and “dad”, the first names of objects, then phrases and finally, intelligible speech.
Each child develops at its own pace, but maneuvering between “at the age of 12 months, the child must speak 10 words” and “and the neighbors’ boy was silent until 4 and nothing, he finishes the university”, it can be difficult for parents to understand whether their child’s speech is developing correctly.
We invite you to take part in the webinar “WHEN MY CHILD WILL SPEAK”, which will take place on March 18 at 14.00 Tbilisi time.
OUR SPEAKER: Larissa Lepp (@Larissa Lepp) neuropsychologist and clinical psychologist, partner of the Center.
Our webinar will help you understand the following issues:
– When does the period of speech development actually begin?
– How are speech, motor skills and thinking related?
– What areas of the child’s brain and body systems interact when he says: “Mom, I love you!”
– What to look for before the first words, or the rules of non-verbal communication from the first days of life;
– How to help a child to speak?
– Are there any norms of speech development and how to understand if the help of specialists is needed?
– What specialists work with the child’s speech development and how?
Participation in the webinar is free of charge by prior registration at the link: https://forms.gle/G6SeRHms87rvPn418.