The Dana Foundation’s Brain Awareness Week Outreach Grants Program is now accepting applications for the 2022 campaign! The grants will support the Brain Awareness Week outreach activities of a select group of U.S. and Canadian partners. Both in-person and online/virtual events are eligible to receive funding.
Up to $1,500.00 USD will be awarded to each successful applicant. To be eligible to receive a grant, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Your institution/organization must qualify as a public charity under U.S. tax laws.
- Your institution/organization must be a registered Brain Awareness Week partner from the United States or Canada. Visit Become a Partner to register.
- Your outreach programming must be in celebration of Brain Awareness Week (March 14-20, 2022) and take place during January-April 2022.
- Your programming must be free for all attendees.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of neuroscientists and other outreach specialists and judged according to the following criteria:
- the overall quality of the proposed program and its specific activities;
- the program’s relevance to Brain Awareness Week’s mission to foster public enthusiasm and support for brain science;
- the impact of the program in terms of the number and diversity of people to be reached; and
- the creativity and originality of the program in its approach to outreach.
Grant awardees will be announced in January 2022. Grantees will be required to submit a report on the results of their Brain Awareness Week programs.
In 2021, the program funded the outreach activities of 35 Brain Awareness Week partners in 20 states. Click here to read detailed summaries of our 2021 grantees’ programming.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.