The Dana Foundation’s Brain Awareness Week Outreach Grants Program is now accepting applications for the 2021 campaign! The grants will support the Brain Awareness Week outreach activities of a select group of U.S. and Canadian partners.
Up to $1,500.00 USD will be awarded to each successful applicant. To be eligible to receive a grant, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Your institution/organization must qualify as a public charity under U.S. tax laws.
- Your institution/organization must be a registered Brain Awareness Week partner from the United States or Canada. Visit Become a Partner to register.
- Your outreach programming must be in celebration of Brain Awareness Week (March 15-21, 2021) and take place during January-March, 2021.
- Your programming must be free for all attendees.
Given these uncertain times, the grants will support both in-person and online/virtual events (live or pre-recorded). Please choose a format for your 2021 celebrations that will ensure the health and safety of your organizers, volunteers, and attendees.
To apply for a grant, please log in to the Partner Dashboard and follow the link to our grants portal. Click “Register” to set up your account on the portal and complete the application process. The submission deadline is Friday, November 6, 2020.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of neuroscientists and other outreach specialists and judged according to the following criteria:
- the overall quality of the proposed program and its specific activities;
- the program’s relevance to Brain Awareness Week’s mission to foster public enthusiasm and support for brain science;
- the impact of the program in terms of the number and diversity of people to be reached; and
- the creativity and originality of the program in its approach to outreach.
Grant awardees will be announced in January 2021. Grantees will be required to submit a report on the results of their Brain Awareness Week programs. These reports will be posted on the Brain Awareness Week website and serve as models for other partners to follow in future campaigns.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.