Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
Type of Events Held:
- Lecture/ Briefing
- Other: Educational/Promotional packet distribution
- Other: Native American individuals/groups
- Other: community agencies
- Other: neighboring businesses
Approximate Number of People Reached:
Between 100 and 300
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
1. A mini lecture on the brain and areas related to addiction for 7 Native American adults. 2. 79 packets were distributed to individuals. The packets included DANA booklets, puzzle packets, Fact sheets, brain erasers, pencils, gummy brains, stress brains, and a intro letter explaining BAW and our agency’s perspective on brain health and healthy aging. 3. Bulk packs of DANA booklets and Fact sheets as well as pencils with brain erasers, were distributed at 2 resource fairs and community meetings attended by staff at our agency. 4. Information and novelties were shared with a student for her science project/fair at school.
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
Which of These Publicity Methods Was The Most Successful?
Of the Dana Foundation publications/resources distributed at your event(s), if any, please indicate the three most popular. Please choose up to three. If "other," please indicate below:
- Q&A: Answering Your Questions About The Brain
- More Mindbogglers!
- Staying Sharp Bookmark
- BAW Stickers
- BAW Pencils
- Brain-shaped Erasers
- The Mindboggling Workbook
- Staying Sharp: Successful Aging and the Brain
What downloadable materials from the Foundation did you use for your events?
- Q&A: Answering Your Questions About Brain Research Fact Sheets
- Puzzles: BAW Favorites
- Puzzles: Successful Aging & Your Brain
- Brain Briefs Fact Sheets
- The Five Senses Coloring Sheets
What other downloadable materials would you like the Foundation to provide?
- New Fact Sheets
- New Puzzles/Games
- New Coloring Sheets
Which BAW graphic materials did you use in publicizing your events?
- BAW Flyer
- BAW Logos
- BAW Facebook Cover Photo
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
Our organization is now associated with brain information, which facilitates further interaction and presentations throughout the year. Immediately, conversations are had with those who receive packets regarding brain questions, substance use questions, and information about DANA and BAW in general. Much awareness is generated overall.
Please share any suggestions or lessons learned that may help others plan future events:
I would like dated posters for download that do not have to be edited with my events. It would also be helpful to have a BAW dated poster with a short background on what BAW is and the history.
Did/do you like our Facebook page?
Was the information provided on Facebook useful?
Yes it was helpful! I shared most of the posts on my timeline and loved the variety of topics covered!