Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
Type of Events Held:
- Lab Tour
- Lecture/ Briefing
- School Program
- Other: Brain Bee
- Other: Mocie Club
- General Public
- High School students(9-12)
- Middle school students(6-8)
- University students
Approximate Number of People Reached:
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
1. Neuroscience Movie Club was organized during BAW@BIPH for the first time. Organisers selected for demonstration three excellent movies with characters or plots related to neuroscience. Each movie was preceded with the short introductory lecture (20 min) and followed by a discussion with coffee/tea and cookies. March 13 - The Theory of Everything (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) March 14 - Rain Man (Autism) March 15 - The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (Stroke) 2. BAW at BIPH was held on Saturday March 17. Several lectures for general audience were given by our experts: “How memory works” “Schizophrenia” “Cannabis: pros and contra” “Music and Brain” “How to keep your brain healthy and wealthy” The lectures followed by practical demonstrations "The science on the fingertips". Researchers and PhD students from Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology and university students demonstrated rat brain specimens, neurons, explained about basic neuron functions, synapses and their role in learning process. About 200 people of different age (from schoolchildren to seniors) visited our Institute this day. All children received printed “Brain structures” posters and "More Mindbogglers!" booklets (in Ukrainian). 3. Ukrainian Brain Bee - the official regional Brain Bee. The preliminary internet test was organized during BAW on Saturday March 17. More than 120 students registered for the test. The judges selected 7 best participants who correctly answered more than 75% of questions. They were invited to Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology for the final competition. During this stage they passed a written test, practical anatomy and histology tests and live questions & answers session.
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
- Calendar Listings (newspapers, radio, television)
- Press Release/Media Advisory
- Social Media
Which BAW graphic materials did you use in publicizing your events?
- BAW Flyer
- BAW Logos
- BAW Web site banner
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
We felt huge interest to neuroscience from people of different ages. Everybody could find something interesting - from basics of anatomy to advices how to keep the brain healthy for a longer time
Did/do you like our Facebook page?