Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
Type of Events Held:
- Brain Bee
- School Program
- General Public
- High school students (9-12)
- K-12 Teachers
- University students
Approximate Number of People Reached:
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
Four main events were organized during BAW. BrainLectures – a traditional set of talks about the brain and its functions delivered online. 7 brain days = 7 lectures. “Catch your rhythm!” by PhD Olga Maslova about chronobiology and brain mechanisms of circadian rhythms with useful tips for everyday life. Dr. Victoriia Kravchenko talked about the cognitive reserve of our brain and how to keep it healthy and productive for many years. MD Stanislav Kravchuk explained the brain-gut axis. MS Vasyl Mykytiuk talked about the brain and motivation: how hunger, thirst, sex, aggression, etc shape our brain. Dr. Dmytro Isaev explained the potential role of cannabinoids in treating nervous diseases. Dr. Andrii Cherninskyi talked about consciousness. Prof. Nana Voitenko finalized the program with a lecture about brain mechanisms of happiness. Every talk was followed by the Q&A section. The webinar “Neuroscience in school” was dedicated to the study of the nervous system: popular myths, misconceptions, and errors in textbooks. School teachers passed the preliminary online test, and the answers then were analyzed and explained together with Dr. Andrii Cherninskyi. Finally, we have organized the online celebration of the “NeuroScience Online” educational course and Ukrainian Brain Bee competition. National champions of Ukrainian Brain Bee gave inspirational talks about neuroscience in their lives. Organizers and judges presented the prizes for the best students. Very special prizes were the “eco-bags” made by the social enterprise aimed to help youth with neurological issues. This will remind participants about the official Brain Bee slogan “Building Better Brains to Fight Brain Disorders”.
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
- Calendar Listings (newspapers, radio, television)
- Social Media
Which of These Publicity Methods Was The Most Successful?
Which BAW graphic materials did you use in publicizing your events?
- Brain Awareness Week Logos
- Brain Awareness Week Facebook Cover Image
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
1. Brain Lectures increased the awareness of the importance of neuroscience among the general public. According to feedbacks, listeners received a lot of new interesting and practically useful information about the brain and its health. 2. “NeuroScience Online” course and the Brain Bee increased the popularity of neuroscience among schoolchildren, and we believe this will inspire them to start a career in this field. 3. The webinar for teachers increased their knowledge.
Did/do you like our Facebook page?
Was the information provided on Facebook useful?
It is good to have quick news