Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
Type of Events Held:
- Brain Fair
- Lab Tour
- School Program
- General Public
- High school students (9-12)
- K-12 Teachers
- Middle school students (6-8)
- University students
- Other: Pais nos alunos
Approximate Number of People Reached:
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
1) Various Presentations which occured from March 27 to March 30, 2022 had as attendees the students and the local community. The presentations were about neuroscience and the social brain. For this event we had a partnership with the Program of Biosciences and Pathophysiology of the Universidade Estadual de Maringá (UEM). 2) Open Lab: An interactive circuit of Neurosciences was done at the Laboratório de Ciências Básicas Integradas da FAP and was open to the community, children, and adolescents of Elementary School. That circuit consisted of interactive activities based on neurosciences. 3) Turminha da Saúde: This was a extension project of the Pedagogy Department of FAP that looks to promote health (The Healthy Brain) through role play, drama and music in the private and public schools of our region. 4) Virtual Presentations: Diverse virtual presentations were held for adolescentes, parents, and teachers of Elementary School in different states of Brasil like Amazonas, Paraná, Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul regarding the brain development in order to spread neuroscience and therefore promote the quality of life.
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
- Social Media
What downloadable materials from the Foundation did you use for your events?
- Certificate of Participation
What other downloadable materials would you like the Foundation to provide?
- New Lesson Plans
- New Puzzles/Games
Which BAW graphic materials did you use in publicizing your events?
- Brain Awareness Week Logos
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
We can observe the need and the interest that people have in understanding more about brain function and how that proposal moves the institution and the students that participate in the elaboration of it, bringing growth to the institution and primarily to the community.