Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
Type of Events Held:
- Social Media Campaign
- General Public
Approximate Number of People Reached:
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
I conducted a 3 day Asynchronous Session entitled “Teaching For and Learning in A Brain-Friendly High School in Singapore”
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
Which of These Publicity Methods Was The Most Successful?
What downloadable materials from the Foundation did you use for your events?
- Puzzles: Successful Aging & Your Brain
- Adults' Fact Sheets
- Truth or Myth Flash Cards
What other downloadable materials would you like the Foundation to provide?
- New Fact Sheets
- New Puzzles/Games
Other Downloadable Materials:
- Pictorial symbolisation showing the actual workings and connections in our Brain
Which BAW graphic materials did you use in publicizing your events?
- Brain Awareness Week Logos
- Brain Awareness Week Editable Flyer
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
1. It raised public awareness of the workings undergirding the human brain.
2. There were great demonstrations of empathy shown to each other’s learnings with the ever-plastic human brain.
Please share any suggestions or lessons learned that may help others plan future events:
1. Public sessions and workshops could be organised apropos the ever-evolving field of neuroscience.
2. Asynchronous learning sessions could be organised for students from elementary to senior high schools in engaging them in self-paced learning on the diverse perspectives on the operationalising of our brain in progress.