Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
Type of Events Held:
- Lab Tour
- Lecture/ Briefing
- Open House
- Press Briefing
- Radio Show
- School Program
- TV Show
- Elementary school students(1-5)
- General Public
- High School students(9-12)
- Middle school students(6-8)
- Patients & Caregivers
- University students
Approximate Number of People Reached:
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
– Society & Brain Series- Round Table- “Leadership and feminine creativity” In Club Información- Alicante, sponsored by the RCS Neurobiology Chair – “Women and Neuroscience” Stand- To emphazise the role of women in Neuroscience – “Neuro art: reserach can be very beautiful”- Exhibition with brain high resolution images – Workshops-“Animal models in research: Sensory illusions; Human Electrophisiology; Genetics and molecular biology; Histology and documentation; The human Brain”- To get an aproach to the research developed at the Neuroscience Institute. -Brief divulgative talks along the mornig- “Once aupn a time the brain; Neuroscience Myths hunters; Look at a mouse and I’ll tell you who you are; One Brain, two brains… too many brains; How to picture the brain using a magnet; Some senseless facts of the senses; Why we are so silly with such a clever brain; How does the brain get old?; Making robots to study worms and understand humans; I does hurt, huts or not!; Babys à la carte!; Down Syndrom: weakening a complex neurogenetic problem; Would you like to become a scientist? Test your prejudices; Social media and brin: why does the pose affect us?; How does the memory build? Divulgative talks to inform regarding interesting and essential facts in brain research. The cats with boots- Tale Workshop for the litthe children, First aproach to brain research and curiosity awakeness to the prymary school pupils- Alltogether we pursue to show an accurate view of the great importance and fundamental role of the brain research to improve society and health.
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
- Calendar Listings (newspapers, radio, television)
- Press Release/Media Advisory
- Social Media
Other Publicity Methods:
Spoken recomendation- Word to Mouth http://in.umh-csic.es/paginas_particulares/SemanaCerebro/Multi/BAW_AnyoActual/
Which of These Publicity Methods Was The Most Successful?
Which BAW graphic materials did you use in publicizing your events?
- BAW Logos
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
There is an increasing of visibility of the insititution among the city/province. We have receives from University MIguel Hernandez and CSIC grateful acknoledgements. The Schools also congratulate us and many school already ask for next year BAW dates
Please share any suggestions or lessons learned that may help others plan future events:
We would like to receive overseas stickers from BAW
Did/do you like our Facebook page?
Was the information provided on Facebook useful?
All. Actualy gives a lot of information from other BAW institutions to take note of their activities. Moreover, it shows scientific data in a very simple way to share on other social webs (Twitter, whatsap)