Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
Type of Events Held:
- School Program
- Other: 2 school and 1 adult group
- General Public
- Other: Head Start students
- Other: Pre-K students
- Other: and Senior adults
Approximate Number of People Reached:
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
1) We presented our puppet show on brain safety which is called BrainMinders. 2) we handed out puzzles, pencils, erasers and bookmarkers to all attendees. We do feel that we achieved our goal which was to reach adults and children with our message that our brains are precious and we should learn to protect them for our entire lifetime.
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
- Calendar Listings (newspapers, radio, television)
Other Publicity Methods:
word of mouth
Which of These Publicity Methods Was The Most Successful?
Of the Dana Foundation publications/resources distributed at your event(s), if any, please indicate the three most popular. Please choose up to three. If "other," please indicate below:
- BAW Pencils and Erasers
- BAW Buttons
- Staying Sharp: Successful Aging and the Brain
What downloadable materials from the Foundation did you use for your events?
- BAW Bookmark
- BAW Certificate of Participation
- Puzzles: Grades K-2
- Puzzles: Mindboggling Series
What other downloadable materials would you like the Foundation to provide?
- Lesson Plans
- New Puzzles/Games
- New Coloring Sheets
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
Each of our venues sent a letter of appreciation to our club for presenting this program
Did/do you like our Facebook page?