Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
Type of Events Held:
- University students
Approximate Number of People Reached:
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
1. Inauguration of world brain awareness week at St. Joseph's College (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda at the Department of Biotechnology. Dr. Naijil George, coordinator, world brain awareness week give a talk on the importance of brain health for faculty, staff and students of Department of Biotechnology on 15th March 2021 at 10.00 AM. 2. Awareness program at St. Joseph's College (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda by students of Department of Biotechnology, St. Joseph's College (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda from 15th to 20th March 2021. Students individually interviewed students, staff and faculty to spread awareness about staying sharp. Awareness materials are distributed and online resources were introduced. 3.Talk on ‘The role of Proteoglycans in Central Nervous System Regeneration’ by Dr Naijil George for the faculty and students of St. Joseph’s College, Irinjalakuda and Newman College, Thodupuzha on 19th March 2021 4. ‘Walk beyond limits: knowing cerebral palsy’ talk by Dr Anju T R, Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Newman College Thodupuzha on 20th March 2021 at 10.30 AM. Program was organized by St. Joseph's College (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda in association with Newman College Thodupuzha and Christ College (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda 5. Awareness program and distribution of brain awareness leaflets at Christ College (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda by students of Department of Biotechnology, St. Joseph's College (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda on 20th March 2021.
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
- Social Media
Which of These Publicity Methods Was The Most Successful?
What downloadable materials from the Foundation did you use for your events?
- Certificate of Participation
- Puzzles: BAW Favorites
- Puzzles: Successful Aging & Your Brain
- Adults' Fact Sheets
- Truth or Myth Flash Cards
- Q&A: Answering Your Questions About the Brain Booklet
- More Mindbogglers! Booklet
- The Mindboggling Workbook
- Successful Aging & Your Brain Booklet
What other downloadable materials would you like the Foundation to provide?
- New Puzzles/Games
Which BAW graphic materials did you use in publicizing your events?
- Brain Awareness Week Logos
- Brain Awareness Week Editable Flyer
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
About 500 students, staff, and faculty members of St. Joseph's College (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda, Newman College Thodupuzha, and Christ College (Autonomous), Irinjalakuda have participated in the program. The program was able to spread awareness about the importance of brain health and opportunities in brain research.
Please share any suggestions or lessons learned that may help others plan future events:
Collaborative programs are more successful than the individually organized events
Did/do you like our Facebook page?
Was the information provided on Facebook useful?
It's really helpful to have reminders of the time, schedules, and deadlines