Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
Student Council of Medical faculty Tuzla "MEDICUS" held one event by the name of Tuzla Brain Week 2020.
Type of Events Held:
- Brain Bee
- Brain Fair
- Radio Show
- School Program
- Social Media Campaign
- TV Show
- Elementary school students (1-5)
- General Public
- High school students (9-12)
- Middle school students (6-8)
- University students
Approximate Number of People Reached:
We have successfully reached 800 people (500 female, 300 male). Our target number was 900, but we couldn't achieve it due to COVID-19 restriction measures that stopped the project 2 days earlier.
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
- Age Workshops were really important because they included kindergartens, primary and secondary schools, Universities and elderly population. Since we had a large number of participants we dedicated the whole week just for this part of project to educate them and to promote mental health.-1st day of project started with the Opening Ceremony.It was a welcoming part for all participants but also a time for all of the people that supported Tuzla Brain Week to say a few words, such as the Dean of Medical Faculty in Tuzla, Major of Tuzla City and others.-Plenary lectures were a great opportunity for young students and future doctors to hear about neuroscience and it’s wide spectrum. In that spirit we held three plenary lectures from experts and scientist. Emphasis is on the lecture of dr. Ali Jawaid who is a part of UZH Brain Research Institute in Zurich and had a didactic and interactive plenary lecture.- Proffessional workshops had a major impact on project. There were 12 workshops and they had the task to improve clinical skills of all of the participants. -Students scientific session: We wanted to engage students from our University but also other students from Universities around our country and neighbour countries to improve their research skills, encourage their will for researching which will make the best path for their future careers and hopefully new discoveries in medicine and neuroscience. Topics we related to neuroscience primarily but also other branches of medicine.-TBW Science Cafe-topic was Brainstorming in different kind of fields. We had actors, economist, pshycologist and sports director. They were telling us about the process of making ideas, cognition and creativity.
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
- Calendar Listings (newspapers, radio, television)
- Press Release/Media Advisory
- Social Media
Which of These Publicity Methods Was The Most Successful?
Of the Dana Foundation publications/resources distributed at your event(s), if any, please indicate the three most popular. Please choose up to three. If "other," please indicate below:
Other Dana Foundation Materials Distributed:
- We recieved flyer materials which we distributed on our event and it has been really popular among present people.
What downloadable materials from the Foundation did you use for your events?
- Puzzles: Grades K-2
- Puzzles: Grades 9-12
- Puzzles: Successful Aging & Your Brain
- Kids' Fact Sheets
- Grades 6-8
What other downloadable materials would you like the Foundation to provide?
- New Puzzles/Games
Which BAW graphic materials did you use in publicizing your events?
- Brain Awareness Week Logos
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
By becoming the partner of Brain Awareness Week this gave us a great chance to promote neuroscience in the local community, together with promoting Student Council. Tuzla Brain Week became one of our large projects thanks to engagment of students, larger number of participants and a lot of interested biomedical and medical students. Mental health has a bit of stigma, so this was a wonderful chance for future doctors and nurses to do their best in promoting it and educating fellow citizens.
Did/do you like our Facebook page?
Was the information provided on Facebook useful?
Provided information on Facebook were very helpful. It included different kind of informations related to neuroscience, not only mental health but diseases in Neurology and related branches. It is quite handy for students who want to learn more or to the research on the nervous system who indeed has a real glory in our body.