Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
Type of Events Held:
- Lab Tour
- School Program
- Elementary school students (1-5)
- High school students (9-12)
- Middle school students (6-8)
- University students
Approximate Number of People Reached:
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
1. Workshops on the subject “Brain Chemistry – implications for our mental health and well being"Students have watched thematic movies and power point presentations, then we organized debate sessions on this subject. The aim was to provide a deeper understanding regarding the link between brain functioning and our daily cognitive, behavioral and emotional reactions. These learning sessions triggered inquiry, critical thinking and a huge interest for brain functioning.2. Collaborative activities at the School Library on the subject "Brain plasticity"Thematic activities at the School Library: students (6-12) have enjoyed an exhibition of didactic materials they can use for studying the brain: atlases, maps, books, 3D molds, multimedia programs. The school doctor, and the psychologist organized learning games for them in order to mediate the understanding of the ‘Brain plasticity’.3. Didactic activities with high school students at the AVALON Building in the CAMELOT Complex of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy Department of the Babes-Bolyai UniversityStudents were introduced to and interacted with The PsyTech-Matrix Platform in Clinical Cognitive Sciences. The aim was to foster understanding of the specificity and the utility of these type of high tech platforms for the psychological research and therapeutic interventions.
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
- Social Media
Which of These Publicity Methods Was The Most Successful?
Of the Dana Foundation publications/resources distributed at your event(s), if any, please indicate the three most popular. Please choose up to three. If "other," please indicate below:
- Q&A: Answering Your Questions About The Brain
- The Mindboggling Workbook
- Brain Awareness Week Stickers
What downloadable materials from the Foundation did you use for your events?
- Certificate of Participation
What other downloadable materials would you like the Foundation to provide?
- New Fact Sheets
- New Lesson Plans
- New Puzzles/Games
Which BAW graphic materials did you use in publicizing your events?
- Brain Awareness Week Logos
- Brain Awareness Week Facebook Cover Image
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
Students and teachers were very impressed of this programme and expressed enthusiastically their wish to extend this BAW to a Month of thematic activities, which we joyfully did. Thank you for this opportunity and all your support.
Please share any suggestions or lessons learned that may help others plan future events:
We were very much impressed of the students interest in the BAW event, especially of the younger ones (6-12) which were extremely enthusiastic.
Did/do you like our Facebook page?
Was the information provided on Facebook useful?