Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
4 Complex Activities
Type of Events Held:
- Lab Tour
- Other: Flash Mob in the school yard / Thematic collaborative activities at the School Library
- High School students(9-12)
- Middle school students(6-8)
- Other: high school pupils (14-19)
Approximate Number of People Reached:
600 Pupils of our school
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
1. Workshops for high school pupils (14-19) on the subject “Brain Chemistry – implications for our mental health and well being". Pupils were watching thematic movies and power point presentations, then we organized debate sessions on this subject. The aim was to provide a deeper understanding regarding the link between brain functioning and our daily cognitive, behavioural and emotional reactions. These learning sessions triggered inquiry, critical thinking and a huge interest for brain functioning. 2. Didactic activities with high school pupils at the AVALON Building in the CAMELOT Complex of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy Department of the Babes-Bolyai University. Pupils were presented and interacted with The PsyTech- Matrix Platform in Cinical Cognitive Sciences. The aim was to foster understanding of the specificity and the utility of these type of high tech platforms for the psychological research and interventions. 3. Thematic activities at the School Library where pupils (6-12) enjoyed an exhibition of didactic materials they can use for studying the brain: atlases, maps, books, 3D molds, multimedia programs. The school doctor, and the psychologist organized learning games for them in order to mediate the understanding of the ‘Brain magic world’. Pupils were ecstatic, expressing huge interest for the subject. 4. A flash mob was organized in the school courtyard. Pupils of all grades (6-18) were involved in drawing a huge brain, marking the specific brain lobes,writing and drawing pictures to represent their functions. Then the working group presented their work to the peers in a joyful quiz activity. This ‘learning by playing’ activity was funny and rewarding for everybody.
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
- Social Media
Which of These Publicity Methods Was The Most Successful?
Of the Dana Foundation publications/resources distributed at your event(s), if any, please indicate the three most popular. Please choose up to three. If "other," please indicate below:
Which BAW graphic materials did you use in publicizing your events?
- BAW Logos
- BAW Poster
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
Pupils and teachers were very impressed of this programme and expressed enthusiastically their wish to extend this BAW to a Month of thematic activities, which we joyfully did. Thank you for this opportunity and all your support.
Please share any suggestions or lessons learned that may help others plan future events:
We were very much impressed of the pupils interest in the BAW event, especially of the younger ones (6-12) which were extremely enthusiastic.
Did/do you like our Facebook page?
Was the information provided on Facebook useful?