Number of Events Organized During Brain Awareness Week:
Type of Events Held:
- Lab Tour
- Lecture/ Briefing
- Press Briefing
- TV Show
- Elementary school students(1-5)
- General Public
- High School students(9-12)
- Middle school students(6-8)
- Patients & Caregivers
- University students
Approximate Number of People Reached:
Details of Major Brain Awareness Week Events/Activities:
1. Pyrgos: A School Day Seminar Title of the event: Brain… The Known Unknown (4 schools participating/ 4th High School of Pyrgos, High School of Goumero, Karatoula High School, 2nd Lyceum of Amaliada) 2. Patras: A School Day Seminar Title of the event: Brain… in the quest for its secrets. (11 schools participating / Model High School of the University of Patras, 2nd High School of Patras, 8th High School of Patras, 9th High School of Patras, 15th High School of Patras, High School of Antirrio, 4th High School of Naupaktos, High School of Saint Vasileios, Arsakeio Elementary School of Patras, Model Primary School of the University of Patras, 50th Primary School of Patras) 3. Chios island: Discussions at Primary Schools Title of the event: Little Brain – Researchers ( Primary Schools students) Place: Chios (3rd and 8th Primary Schools) Date: 03.27. 2015 Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=degpFqFS7Cc#t=28 4. Amorgos island: A School Day Seminar Title of the event: Little Brain–Researchers ( Primary School students) Place: Aegiali, Amorgos Date: 05.08 – 03.28. 2015 The main event included: mini theatrical/ musical performances, test, music, songs by young pupils. . http://amorgos.gr/wp-content 5. Patras . Tιtle of the event: DEAR BRAIN…CAN I PROTECT YOU??? Place: Lecture Hall of PROTASI Date: 15.05. 2015 Oral presentation by M. Margarity emphasizing on addiction, diet, sleep and advice for keeping our brain alerted
Event Planning & Publicity
Publicity Methods Used:
- Calendar Listings (newspapers, radio, television)
- Press Release/Media Advisory
- Social Media
Of the Dana Foundation publications/resources distributed at your event(s), if any, please indicate the three most popular. Please choose up to three. If "other," please indicate below:
What downloadable materials from the Foundation did you use for your events?
- BAW Bookmark
- BAW Certificate of Participation
- Puzzles: Adult/high school
- Puzzles: K-12
- Puzzles: BAW Favorites
- Mindboggling Coloring Sheets
- Q&A: Answering Your Questions About Brain Research Downloads
What other downloadable materials would you like the Foundation to provide?
- Fact Sheets
- Lesson Plans
- New Puzzles/Games
- New Coloring Sheets
Which BAW graphic materials did you use in publicizing your events?
- BAW Flyer
- BAW Logos
- BAW Poster
- BAW Web site banner
- BAW Bookmarks
- BAW Participation Certificate
Feedback & Keys to Success
How do you feel BAW participation benefited your organization and the local community?
I am glad i had the opportunity to participate at the brain Awareness Week 2015, since I could interact with hundreds of junior and high school students as well as interspersing the knowledge concerning the structure and function of CNS.
Did/do you like our Facebook page?